PaperDog may collect and hold personal information in order to provide effective services to our clients (Services). This includes the collection of information as required:
- to ensure that our provision of services is prompt, efficient and comprehensive; and
- for inclusion in service documents and client training.
For these purposes we may collect personal information including the following:
- about clients: contact details, billing details, employment details or any corporate office held, personal history and other personal details required to provide the services requested; and
- about employees or other associates of clients: contact details, employment or any corporate office held, details of the role and relationship with our client and any other personal details required to provide the services requested by our client.
Information Collected to Provide Services
For the purpose of conducting our business and providing the Services, we may collect the following categories of Personal Information about individuals:
- Identity Information - name, signature, location, website address, date of birth, nationality, employment details, and educational qualifications;
- Contact Information - email address, social media profiles, telephone and fax number, business and postal addresses;
- Internet Data - Referring web site addresses, browser type, operating system, domain name, access times, 'IP' addresses and other data typically collected by web statistics and analytics services; and
- Business Information - information about individuals’ business or projects, including information on professional affiliations or services offered.
The APPs categorise certain types of Personal Information as “Sensitive Information” (Sensitive Information). We do not collect Sensitive Information from individuals.
How we collect Personal Information
PaperDog collects information about individuals directly from our clients and their associates, from publicly available sources such as various public registers or online and print publications or from third parties either by request or pursuant our clients requests.
Some Personal Information is also collected through the forms on the PaperDog website (www.paperdog.com.au) and from information emailed or taken from telephone or fax communication.
Our Personal Information Holding Policy
Any Personal Information collected by PaperDog may be stored both electronically and in hard copy in our office or at a secure off-site storage facility.
All electronic data stored locally and off-site is encrypted. Personal Information being communicated digitally between PaperDog members and consultants is encrypted. All digital devices used to collect or store Personal Information are encrypted.
Personal Information that may not be kept secure at all times due to service and environmental requirements, may be: Name; Gender; Phone number; Email; Employer; Work Address.
Keys and passwords are randomly generated and stored within secure encrypted databases with access limited to highest level personnel.
Digital data is stored for a maximum of 3 years and once archived, the encrypted information is stored in isolation from any network.
Hard copy files are destroyed upon project completion unless otherwise requested by the client.
We cannot accept responsibility for misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, Personal Information where the security of information is not within our control.
Our Personal Information Use and Disclosure Policy
The collection of Personal Information by PaperDog is so we can provide the most effective service to our clients.
We only use collected Personal Information so we can:
- Identify individuals for the purpose of providing our services;
- Communicate with individuals for the purpose of providing our services; and
- Transact with individuals for the purpose of providing our services.
We do not use collected Personal Information for promotional or marketing.
We do not disclose any collected Personal Information unless authorised by the Owner of the Personal Information.
Access to your Personal Information
If we hold your Personal Information, in Australia, you have the right to:
- request access to the Personal Information that we hold about you; and
- correct the Personal Information that we hold about you.
If we hold information from recipients outside of Australia then by providing us with Personal Information, individuals consent to the transfer of Personal Information to within Australia. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information that has been transferred will not be held, used or disclosed by the recipient of the information inconsistently with the Australian Privacy Principles.
If an individual wishes to access the Personal Information that we are holding about them, or correct Personal Information that we are holding about them, they can contact us using the following details:
PaperDog Pty Ltd
PO Box 2281
Byron Bay NSW 2481
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Where we receive a request for access to personal information, we will determine whether we are obliged by law to provide such access and will endeavour to give a response in writing within 30 days of the request. Where we are obliged to provide you access to personal information, we may charge a reasonable fee for such access, of which we will advise ahead of time.
Breaches and Complaints